At Lacuna we focus exclusively on bifold doors and aim to make them perfect.
That means all research go into this single product, which, besides official test houses, has been tested in numerous locations worldwide, and are used e.g. on the west coasts of Norway and Scotland. Every single detail has been thought through, but we are continuously aiming at making the Lacuna Folding Doors even better. Watch our extreme testing video.
The aim of our Danish Design is that the door should be looked upon as a piece of furniture: Narrow frames, painted in complete smooth high or low gloss, complemented with marine-grade handles and hinges. We supply a lasting totally stable and air tight door with unrivalled u-values. It is very easy to install and doesn’t require continuous adjustment/repair visits.
Think Danish design and German engineering. We do bespoke doors for each individual project, with the following specifications:
- Superb durability and insulation -Our German TMT composite has a durability equal to teak, and system u-values which can be used in passiv haus projects.
- Air and watertight - The double/triple sealed doors have passed the highest test available for wind: Air permeability EN 12207 - Class 4 at /-600 Pa and water tightness: EN 12208 - Class E1200
- No repainting for 25-50 years in normal conditions. The paint on thermally modified timber composite lasts longer without maintenance than on timber-alu products, as the TMT composite adopts the characteristics of a composite or fibre-glass and do not extend nor retract when exposed to moisture or temperature.
- Slimmest profile available of any timber folding door -Only 56 mm per door frame giving a frame to frame width of 117 mm.
- Large openings -Up to 2800 mm height and 6000 mm width.
- Highest quality ironmongery -All hardware is in Danish designed marine grade materials, so they will not rust even on a sea front location.
- Lacuna only manufactures folding doors, and uses skilled carpenters and CNC machines to give the precision, which is required for folding doors to work properly.
- Painted to match other timber and alu systems.
- Security tested to EN1627-30 and Pas 24
- Delivered within 5-7 weeks and easy and quick to install.